Monday, August 8, 2016

Another celebration - Finn turns 14.


Finn turned 14 on the weekend and we had a family dinner to celebrate.
Finn loves burritos so we cooked up a batch of shredded mexican chicken in the slow cooker, a dish of rice and beans and had bowls of lettuce, jalapenos, cheese, sour cream, corn and salsa, so everyone could make up their own burritos. Delish! 
I didn't get any photos of the food but you'll have to take my word for it ;)

I always like to make the table festive for birthday dinners so I had a dig through the party box and hung up a banner and some balloons. A roll of brown paper acted as a runner and I popped some of the planters I used for Simon's party down the middle.
All of the little kids sat up at the kitchen bench and we had all of the adults and teens at a table for 10.



Finn is not a huge fan of traditional cake so I decided to make an ice cream cake instead for his birthday cake. I lined a spring form pan with baking paper and layered in chocolate, vanilla and rocky road ice cream. I froze it overnight and served it with a sprinkling of mini marshmallows. Yum!



I can't believe our first born is 14! Where do those years go?
We are so proud of Finn and the man he is becoming.  He has handled everything that has happened to him (his eye injury) throughout the last year so well and so bravely. 
His attitude has been amazing! He is so loved x

We finished up the weekend with seeing a movie, the new Jason Bourne. It was action packed and really good. Finn will celebrate with his friends next weekend with a little party/sleepover, so the festivities will go on! 

Here are a few more photos from the weekend -






This photo popped up in my Facebook memories today.
Finn on his birthday 7 years ago. Awwww :)



How was your weekend? Any birthdays happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover